Homework - 23.4.2021
(to be handed in Wednesday 28th April)
In Maths we will be learning:
- Numbers beyond 100
- Partitioning 2D numbers into tens and ones
- Addition and subtraction using numbers to 30
- Multiplication - adding equal groups
- Division - sharing into equal groups
- Money - recognising coins and adding amounts
Let's Learn ...
Help your child learn these facts (New for Summer Term)
6 + 6 = 12
7 + 7 = 14
8 + 8 = 16
9 + 9 = 18
Facts from previous terms
- double 1, double 2, double 3, double 4, double 5
- half of 2, half of 4, half of 6, half of 8, half of 10
- 0+10, 1+9, 2+8, 3+7, 4+6, 5+5
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- 3+2, 4+2, 5+2, 6+2, 7+2, 9+2
- 4+3, 5+3, 6+3
Year 1 learn it's - Practice these number facts so you child knows them without having to work them out.
Help Save Our Planet!
Spelling Bee Spring 2
Spelling Bee Summer 1 - Group 1
Spelling Bee Summer 1 -Group 2
Curriculum Mind-Map - Enchanted Woodlands!
Remember, Remember ...
Click the picture links below for songs and activities to help your child remember facts.
Year 1 Long Term Planning
This half-term our topic is
This topic will develop the children’s knowledge of British woodlands; its plants and wildlife. The children will identify and name common plants and animals. It will develop further the children's understanding of animal habitats. It will also build upon seasonal changes from our topic of ‘Splendid Skies’ and develop an appreciation of the wonders of the woodlands. It aims to develop the children’s curiosity about the wider world and how we need to look after our local environment.
Inspirational Text - The Jolly Postman
We will be learning about ...
- making predictions about what might happen in a story
- writing letters and postcards
- retelling stories
- Researching trees, plants and the Environment.
- Creating a leaflet about the importance of looking after local woodlands
We will be learning about ...
Science - Plants and Animals
- Name and identify common plants, flowers and plants
- To name the parts of a plant
- Name common woodland animals and recognise their habitats
- classify animals into animal groups (mammals, reptiles, fish, birds, amphibians
History - Continuous Provision
Geography - Mapping
- Journey of a letter
- Map the local area
- The local environment and sustainability of local woodland
- Sketching trees
- Using natural materials to create collages
Pieter Bruegel - Landscape With St Jerome
Richard Shilling - Leaf Curtain
DT - Structures
- Creating structures for animal homes
- Creating weavings
ICT - Maze Explorers
- use 2Go
- create algorithms
RE - Believing
- Discuss ideas about God
- Look at Judaism
- Recognise what Jewish people believe about creation
- Look at how Jewish people celebrate Shabbat
PSHE - Living in the wider world
Identify how they contribute to the life of the classroom and the importance of following rules
Identify people have needs
Recognise how they belong to the communities
Music - Jolly Music
- recognise pulse, rhythm, pitch and beat in a piece of music
Year 1 Gallery
Becoming a weather reporter for the day!
Rain, Rain Go Away!
Let's go fly a kite!
We found out lots of interesting facts about polar bears!
We enjoyed creating buildings in the style of the buildings in 1666. Then we had our own Great Fire of London!
Please explore our page to see the amazing things we have been doing at home!
Take a look at our amazing polar bear projects!
Keeping in Touch!
If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to email us using the Year 1 email.
PE - Multi-Sports
PE is on Thursday this half-term.
Please ensure your child has a white t-shirt, tracksuit trousers/leggings, a sweatshirt and trainers/pumps.
Homework will be set each Friday and is to be handed in by the following Wednesday.
Reading books will be changed every Monday and Thursday. Please write in your child's diary each time they read at home so they can earn reading points! This should be at least 5 times a week!
Spelling test will be every Monday.
Meet the Team
Mr Handley - 1H Teacher
Mrs McConway - 1M Teacher
Mrs Arrand-Lacey - TA
Mrs Slater - TA
Mrs Hardy - TA
Miss Tinker - TA
Mrs Smith - TA
Mrs Cairns - TA
Mrs Traczykowski - KS1 co-ordinator
Click on the links below to access the website
Weather Around the World!