In Maths we will be learning:
- Numbers beyond 100
- Partitioning 2D numbers into tens and ones
- Addition and subtraction using numbers to 30
- Multiplication - adding equal groups
- Division - sharing into equal groups
- Money - recognising coins and adding amounts
Let's Learn ...
Help your child learn these facts (New for Summer Term)
6 + 6 = 12
7 + 7 = 14
8 + 8 = 16
9 + 9 = 18
Facts from previous terms
- double 1, double 2, double 3, double 4, double 5
- half of 2, half of 4, half of 6, half of 8, half of 10
- 0+10, 1+9, 2+8, 3+7, 4+6, 5+5
- Count in 2s, 5s and 10s
- 3+2, 4+2, 5+2, 6+2, 7+2, 9+2
- 4+3, 5+3, 6+3
Year 1 learn it's - Practice these number facts so you child knows them without having to work them out.
Help Save Our Planet!
Curriculum Mind-Map - Moon Zoom!
Spelling Bee Summer 2 - Group 1
Spelling Bee Summer 2 -Group 2
Remember, Remember ...
Click the picture links below for songs and activities to help your child remember facts.
Year 1 Long Term Planning
Please click below for the Year 1 Transition Meeting
This half-term our topic is
This topic develops the children’s knowledge of technology, space and materials. It helps the children learn to design and make model moon buggies, considering the properties of materials. They might even meet an alien! It aims to develop the children’s problem solving skills and develop aspirations for the future.
Inspirational Text - Beegu and Man on the Moon
We will be learning about ...
- making predictions about what might happen in a story
- writing postcards
- persuasive writing - posters and leaflets
- retelling stories
- diary writing
- Researching space and the planets.
- Creating a leaflet Earth
We will be learning about ...
Science - Materials
- Name and recognise the properties of materials
- Recognise what different materials could be used for
How could we stop the slime melting on it's entry into the Earth's atmosphere?
We will be testing which material will make the best insulator.
History - Neil Armstrong
- The first moon landing
- Other famous astronauts
Geography - The Earth
- continents and world oceans
- North and South Pole
- compass points
- paper mache - 3D sculptures of the planets
- clay - 3D sculptures of aliens
- chalk drawings of the planets
DT - Moon Buggies
- Creating structures for animal homes
- Creating weavings
ICT - Coding
RE - Symbols and Places of Worship
- identify symbols that are important in different religions
- identify places that are important to different religions
- visit a local church
- learn about what happens in a church
PSHE - Living in the wider world
Identify how they contribute to the life of the classroom and the importance of following rules
Identify people have needs
Recognise how they belong to the communities
Music - Jolly Music
- recognise pulse, rhythm, pitch and beat in a piece of music
Year 1 Gallery
Becoming a weather reporter for the day!
Rain, Rain Go Away!
Let's go fly a kite!
We found out lots of interesting facts about polar bears!
We enjoyed creating buildings in the style of the buildings in 1666. Then we had our own Great Fire of London!
Please explore our page to see the amazing things we have been doing at home!
Take a look at our amazing polar bear projects!
Keeping in Touch!
If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to email us using the Year 1 email.
PE - Athletics
PE is on Wednesday this half-term.
Please ensure your child has a white t-shirt, tracksuit trousers/leggings, a sweatshirt and trainers/pumps.
Homework will be set each Friday and is to be handed in by the following Wednesday.
Reading books will be changed every Monday and Thursday. Please write in your child's diary each time they read at home so they can earn reading points! This should be at least 5 times a week!
Spelling test will be every Monday.
Meet the Team
Mr Handley - 1H Teacher
Mrs McConway - 1M Teacher
Mrs Arrand-Lacey - TA
Mrs Slater - TA
Mrs Hardy - TA
Miss Tinker - TA
Mrs Smith - TA
Mrs Cairns - TA
Mrs Traczykowski - KS1 co-ordinator
Click on the links below to access the website
Weather Around the World!