Meet the Team
Mrs McConway - 2M Teacher
Miss Bingley - 2B Teacher
Mrs Cairns - TA
Mrs Creswell-Hibbert - TA
Mrs Deakin - TA
Mrs Arrand-Lacey - TA
Mrs Traczykowski - KS1 co-ordinator
First day back - Monday 19th February
Break up for Easter - Thursday 28th March
Keeping in Touch!
If you have any questions/concerns please feel free to email us using the Year 2 email.
Spelling Bee - Spring 2
Group 1 - 5 spellings
Extra Homework Ideas
Use the picture links below to access these useful websites
Purple Mash - School's online learning platform
How to use Purple Mash for parents
If you require your Parental Purple Mash login again, please contact school.
Well done to all our Year 2 children! You were amazing on our trip to Austerfield. We hope you enjoy sharing some of our happy memories.
This half term we will be learning about:
We will be looking at how to write a non-fiction text about Habitats.
We will be learning about the different features of a non-fiction text and how to use factual information to write a report.
We will be reading the story, Stardust.
We will use this as inspiration for our writing:
- creating a story with a clear beginning, middle and end
- using expanded noun phrases to add description
- using various conjunctions to extend sentences
- Remember to punctuate your work correctly.
- Use conjunctions to extend sentences.
Please help your child to learn these key number facts
- number bonds to 100
- 5 times tables
- 2 times tables
- Read 3-digit numbers
- Partition 2-digit numbers
- Count in 2s
- Count in: 10s, 20s, 50s, 100s, 200s, 250s, 500s, 2500s, 1000s, 2000s, 5000s, and 2.5s
- Count in: tenths, fifths, halves and quarters
- 5+4, 5+6, 6+7, 8+7, 8+9
- Know the 5 times tables
Its Nothing New
- Add hundreds
- Half of 30, 50, 70, 90
- Double 2-digit numbers
- Turn 1-digit +1-digit facts into multiples of 10
- Add a 1-digit number to a 2-digit number
- Subtract a 1-digit number from a 2-digit number
- Subtract a 1-digit number from a 3-digit number
- Multiply using repeated addition
- Solve division using objects, with remainders
These booklets will help support your child and develop their confidence when completing their CLIC challenges in school
|Parent's Pack Clic 1 (SEH).docx
|Parent's Pack CLIC 10.pdf
|Parent's Pack Clic 2 (SEH).docx
|Parent's Pack Clic 3 (SEH).docx
|Parent's Pack Clic 4 (SEH).docx
|Parent's pack Clic 5.docx
|Parent's pack CLIC 6.docx
|Parent's Pack CLIC 7.pdf
|Parent's Pack CLIC 8.pdf
|Parent's Pack CLIC 9.pdf
These are the weekly challenge sheets your child will complete in school.
PE - Striking and Fielding
PE is on Wednesday this half term
Weather permitting, we will do PE outside. Please ensure your child has a white t-shirt, tracksuit bottoms/leggings, a sweatshirt/jumper and trainers/pumps.
Spelling test will be on Monday.
Reading books will be changed every Friday.
Please write in your child's diary each time they read at home so they can earn reading points!
This term we will be completing pages from the English and Maths Homework Books. You will find a list of the pages that need to be completed in the back of your child's Spelling Bee. Please return homework on Wednesday each week.
Please ensure your child has the following in school every day:
- Reading log
- Reading book
- PE Kit
- Water Bottle
We will be learning about ...
We will be learning about materials.
- name different materials
- identify the properties of different materials
- recognise what different materials are useful for and why
- Names of materials
- The properties of different materials
We will learning about the 7 continents.
We will use atlases to name and locate the continents.
We will learn about how the continents are similar and different.
- There are 7 continents - Asia, Africa, North America, South America, Antarctica, Europe and Australasia
- A continent is a group of countries
- We can describe different parts of the world using the words: equator, northern hemisphere and southern hemisphere.
Seven Continent Song
We will be learning about Florence Nightingale and Mary Seacole.
We will use different sources to find out about the lives of these women. Looking at how their lives have influenced our lives today.
We will identify how hospitals have changed over time and why.
In art we will be learning about moving mechanisms.
We will learn how to create sliders, hinges and levers.
We will design, make and evaluate our own cards with moving mechanisms.
We will be learning about some of the stories Jesus told and why these are important to Christians today.
Click on the picture links below to access websites