Welcome to Year 5
Our topic for Autumn 1 is 'Our Local Area'
Our Local Area
Further home learning ideas...
Questions to investigate:
Who were the Dukes of Portland?
Why is Worksop known as ‘Gateway to the Dukeries’?
What is in the Portland collection? Were any of these artists women?
(The Portland collection is free to visit)
What is Thynghowe? Why was it important? Where is it? What is it like?
(This is a lovely place for an autumn walk!)
What examples of art can I find from medieval, renaissance, neoclassical, romantic time periods?
- Reading logs must be in every day. We expect the children to read at least 4 times a week. Logs are checked everyday.
- Homework is set on a Friday and is returned on Friday (Purple Mash).
- PE Kits - Please ensure they are in school everyday.
- Music lessons with Mrs Tetley - every Monday.
- Children need a water bottle in school every day.
Year 5/6 Team
Mrs Craik - Year 5 Teacher/UPKS2 Lead
Mr Safrany - Year 5/6 Teacher
Mrs Powell Year 6 Teacher
Miss Chapman - Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
Mrs Cresswell-Hibbert - Teaching Assistant
Mrs Smith - Teaching Assistant
Our texts for this half-term:
We will be:
Planning and writing our own legend.
Writing a narrative based on Rose Blanche.
Creating a persuasive piece of writing about taking in an evacuee.
Writing a letter to a resident of the care home.
Writing a tourist information leaflet
USEFUL HOME LEARNING WEBSITES / LINKS:
( Great for mental maths practise )
bit.ly/AudioElevenses ( 11am daily )